Viewpoint School is currently seeking a Chief Marketing Officer. The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for providing leadership and strategically managing all of Viewpoint’s communications and marketing as directed by the Head of School. The CMO drives fulfillment of objectives across the organization, including but not limited to enrollment, retention, advancement, brand development, and internal/external communications. The ideal candidate is a creative, business-minded storyteller who creates compelling content and outreach programs that:
• Generate demand in the highly competitive Los Angeles independent school market
• Cultivate a vibrant, cohesive community of uncommon mutual commitment
• Dramatize the unique significance of Viewpoint
• Advance the School’s regional, state, and national reputation
Key priorities in the first year will include:
1. Implementation of a differentiated brand strategy that effectively distinguishes Viewpoint School as a unique educational choice in the Los Angeles region amidst public, private, and independent schools.
2. Collaborating with a cross-functional team of faculty and administrators to deliver the promise of a Viewpoint education.
3. Creation of a compelling narrative that fosters engagement, deepening the connection and emotional bonds of everyone in the Viewpoint community.
The Chief Marketing Officer reports to the Head of School and Assistant Head of School for Advancement, serves as a member of the school’s senior leadership team, and works collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff and others to achieve institutional objectives. In addition, the Chief Marketing Officer will work closely with the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment to market the school to potential applicants.
• Create and execute a strategic branding and marketing plan to drive demand and enhance Viewpoint’s profile among key constituencies.
• Serve as a strategic thought partner to Viewpoint’s senior leadership on key strategies to enrich the Viewpoint brand experience.
• Ensure that predictive analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence are used to keep the School’s marketing strategies efficient and cutting edge.
• Oversee digital marketing efforts including website design, brand alignment, maintenance, and efficacy.
• Ensure brand and messaging quality and consistency, establishing and enforcing guidelines across all departments, activities, and events, as well as among professional and volunteer leadership.
• In partnership with the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment, provide leadership, strategy development, and execution for marketing and communications plans that meet specific enrollment goals.
• Lead the strategic planning and production of a variety of web, social media, digital, print, video production, and other media products, designed to meet enrollment goals
• Utilize website predictive analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence to uncover information about prospective families visiting the School’s website.
• In collaboration with the Assistant Head of School of Advancement, develop the case for support that drives the school’s fundraising efforts, helping to design strategies and to implement specific plans to improve participation and dollars raised through annual giving, major gift, and capital campaign efforts.
• Lead the strategic planning and production of a variety of web, social media, digital, print, video, and other media products, designed to increase participation and dollars raised for all fundraising efforts.
• Lead all internal and external marketing communications activities, including messaging and branding, publications, social media, digital communications, web presence, advertising and public relations, and advancement communications.
• Oversee the design, production, and distribution of all printed materials for Viewpoint, working in close collaboration with relevant colleagues.
• Oversee all website, video, and photography initiatives in keeping with brand objectives.
• Serve as the campus media relations contact, which includes emergency and crisis situations. Be on call 24/7 to communicate necessary information to the Viewpoint community.
• Oversee and ensure editing for the highest level of professionalism in all written communication that represents the School.
• Keep the Head of School, Assistant Heads of School and other senior leaders informed with accurate and timely information regarding marketing communications initiatives and progress toward established goals.
• Direct the day-to-day activities of the marketing communications department at Viewpoint and ensure that administrative systems and procedures, such as data collection, review, and reporting, function smoothly, efficiently, and in collaboration with other departments in the School.
• Manage and guide the Associate Director of Communications and Digital Marketing and Communications Manager, setting clear objectives, providing regular feedback, and encouraging open and ongoing communication across campus.
In addition, the Chief Marketing Officer will:
• Engage actively in professional development to remain current in best practices related to independent school communications, emerging social media, and leading marketing and branding strategies.
• Actively support the Head of School, Viewpoint’s institutional priorities, and strategic framework, in alignment with the School’s mission, vision, and values.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 10-15 years of experience in marketing and communications with a demonstrated increase in responsibility and success.
• Strategic thinker, innovative and versatile leader, with proven ability to provide strategic direction while being hands-on and able to inspire a team of talented professionals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a highly collaborative nature, with the ability to facilitate work between a wide range of individuals and groups.
• High level of energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information are a must.
• Knowledge of evolving marketing and communications industry trends is required, along with an understanding of data analytics, practices, tools, and platforms.
• Ability to develop new marketing assets across all mediums and channels, including social, print, video, advertising, etc.
• Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines in an effective and timely manner.
• Outstanding speaking, writing, and editing skills.
• Ability to develop, monitor, and adhere to budgets and production schedules
Candidates interested in applying for the position should submit an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com.