Viewpoint School is seeking a Director of Maintenance. This position, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer/Director of Construction, will be responsible to organize, administer and lead a comprehensive program of services that provide and maintain in an efficient and economical manner, the physical assets of the School, specifically the facilities, grounds, equipment and furnishings of the campus. The Director of Maintenance is also responsible for assuring that all students, staff and community are able to learn and work in a safe, clean, attractive, functional, and healthy environment.
• Supervise the School’s maintenance staff including coordination of the staff’s professional growth, accountability, scheduling and teamwork.
• Assist with development of the departmental operating and PPRSM budgets then execute the approved budget.
• Coordinate contractors and vendors supplying construction, maintenance and grounds services.
• Assist with the preparation of, and implementation of, a campus-wide PM program.
• Inspect school facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the facilities are suitable for safe operations and maintained in an attractive operation.
• Assist with solicitation and analysis of proposals from contractors and subcontractors for various school projects.
• Manage the timely, quality and on-budget execution of such projects.
• Coordinate and/or lead staff training to improve work quality, ensure safety or ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Track and communicate status of work requests to ensure timely feedback and accountability.
• Provide a regular program of staff development to promote the highest standards of the industry.
• Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and serve as a role model by demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming and effective work ethic.
• Respond to emergency situations on a 24/7 basis.
• Perform any duties as required by the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Construction or other supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
• Five years of experience in construction and/or property management, with a minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably in an educational environment.
• Have a strong customer service orientation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction codes, health and safety regulations, financial management practices, supervision and motivation of personnel and State and local regulations regarding the maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid CA driver’s license and ability meet the demands of the School’s insurance carrier.
• Have excellent leadership and organizational skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have excellent integrity and interpersonal skills necessary to relate well with students, staff, administration and the community.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and written. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish desired.
• Demonstrated ability to use computers and other electronic forms of communication effectively. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel and Projects.
• Proficiency in facility management software or CMMS, “SchoolDude” is desirable.
Physical Requirements (reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship on Viewpoint may be available) and Work Environment:
• Courteous manner in dealing with public. Maintain a professional distance between students and families.
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to frequently climb stairs, uneven terrain and hillside pathways.
• Required to occasionally bend and stoop. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Regularly uses close and distance vision
• Work at desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
• Works in traditional climate controlled office environment
• Works in a high stress environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts
• Position may require weekend and evening work
• Attend and participate in meetings and events at different locations around 40-acre campus
• Knowledge of CAL-OSHA safety practices and procedures
• Team building skills
• Decision making skills
• Problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Work in the heat, cold, rain, wind and other strenuous environmental conditions
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and three letters of reference to Mr. David McAdoo, Chief Operations Officer/Director of Construction at email@example.com