Responsible for all curricular and co-curricular activities of the Middle School (grades 6-8), as well as student conduct and faculty/staff development in the division.
• Manages the members of the Middle School leadership and student support teams, including the Assistant Head of Middle School, Dean of Students, Director of Student Activities, Middle School Counselor, and Learning Center staff
• Oversees curricular review and development
• Supervises the academic and co-curricular programs of Middle School
• Oversees the academic and personal counseling of students and communicates regularly with parents
• Manages the Middle School Human Development programs
• Establishes standards of conduct in the Middle School and provides accountability to support appropriate student behavior
• Evaluates Middle School faculty and staff, and promotes professional development activities appropriate to their needs and goals
• Assists in the recruitment of divisional faculty and staff by identifying appropriate candidates and assessing their background, experience, and fit, as well as by helping to organize candidate interviews
• Promotes the School's image and represents the Middle School in the community
• Maintains and updates the Middle School Curriculum Guide and Student Handbook
• Is a member of the Senior Administrative Team, the Curriculum Committee, and the Admission Committee
• Works with the Lower School Head and the Upper School Head to facilitate a smooth transition of both students and program from division to division
• Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Abilities Required:
• Master’s degree in an academic discipline and/or educational administration.
• A minimum of five years teaching and administrative experience in an independent school environment, preferably as a division head.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a collaborative leadership philosophy.
Candidates interested in applying should submit an updated resume, letter of educational philosophy, and three letters of reference to Mr. Robert Bryan, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to 23620 Mulholland Hwy, Calabasas, CA 91302.